Book Launch: The Art of Knowledge Exchange for Development Practitioners in the Water Sector
The Art of Knowledge of Knowledge Exchange: A Results-Focused Planning Guide for Development Practitioners in the Water Sector, is customized for practitioners in the water sector to facilitate designing, implementing, and measuring results from their knowledge exchange initiatives. While all water sector practitioners could use this informative guide, it is written for those who specifically broker knowledge exchange by connecting and facilitating engagements between knowledge seekers and knowledge providers working on water-related issues.
The guide also provides the tools to help you — the knowledge broker — play a more effective role in a knowledge exchange. This approach will help you to:
- Consider knowledge exchange within a broader programmatic and development context for water;
- Ensure your initiative is stakeholder owned and demand driven;
- Determine the challenges to reaching a solution;
- Reflect on the change processes needed to address these challenges;
- Identify individuals or groups who can play effective roles in bringing about needed change;
- Choose the right mix of knowledge exchange instruments and activities to help your participants learn, grow, and act;
- Implement in an adaptive and learning-focused manner;
- Measure and report the results of a knowledge exchange initiative.
This guide includes and refers to case studies and other examples of successful knowledge exchange initiatives in the water sector and also the lessons learned from implementing these initiatives for high development impact. It also reflects the experience of dozens of World Bank Group staff, knowledge and learning professionals, government officials, and other international and development practitioners who have successfully integrated knowledge exchange as a part of a larger change process.